Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 3-9

Wednesday

On Wed, I did a .10 mile walk warm-up, then ran 1.5 miles without stopping. I fluctuated between 5.5 and 6.5 speed depending on how tired I was.

My first run on the treadmill in the gym! The TV shows on after work are seriously boring. There was a news story about a police officer shot in Oakland and drama about baseball players who were shirked out of a hall of fame bid.

1/6/10 -- 2.72 miles

Thursday

Thursday, I started the Bar Method again. I had a familiar teacher so it was particularly embarrasing that I couldn't even pretend that I was still in shape. My muscles gave out very early in the sets. It didn't help that Tammi (a girl I work with) was a few feet away from me, secretly mocking me. It felt good to wake up those muscles again though.

Friday

Friday, my first double header! I went to bar method first even though I'm still sore from yesterday. Stretching before class was the best my body felt all day. It was easier than yesterday but I still couldn't complete any of the sets (and only did a few pushups).

Immediately after bar, I crossed the street (I'm so lucky to have my fitness spots both across the street from my office) to the gym to run on the treadmill. The run was actually relatively easy because my muscles were warmed up. I started to get bored though. I need to put mp3 books on my iPod pronto.

The summer that I ran a lot I set a goal -- run a little farther/better than I did the run before. So today I pushed myself and did 2.3 miles straight in 20 minutes! (I was actually shooting for 1.6 mi but when I hit that, I wasn't too tired so I kept running).

1/8/10 --2.87 miles (329 calories)

**

Total distance: 12.34 miles
Best running distance: 2.3 mi
Bar method classes: 2

4 comments:

  1. Hey this is cool and you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dad! Let me know what you're up to also :) I'm also editing the posts (just one post a week) so do check back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Friday I did 100 times up and 100 times down the steps that lead to the basement, plus 100 more steps. I have 13 steps.
    Saturday I did one hour of p90x arms and shoulders.
    Sunday I did 4 miles in 39:22, 1st mile at 6.5, 2nd & 3rd mile at 6.1 and 4th mile at 6.0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dad! 6.0 is my standard running speed right now (which is a 10 min mile). How long does it take you to do that many steps? (is that 4 mi straight) Also, how are you fighting the boredom?

    ReplyDelete